Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2


2 down. 28 to go.

Today, I began to get a little concerned about making sure I do ok on calorie counts for the day. I'm excited to shed some pounds, but I don't want to slow my metabolism because I'm not eating enough.

So, I plugged everything into my account at fitday.com to keep track. I only discovered this free site earlier this week and thought it might be the easiest way to track my caloric intake. My day came in at 1500k. Just about perfect for my purposes, *I think*.

Breakfast - Fiber One w/ light vanilla soy milk
Morning Snack - unsalted peanuts and piece of mozzarella
Lunch - WG Total w/ light vanilla soy milk
Afternoon Snack - Baked Potato w/salsa
Dinner - Fiber One w/ 1%
Dessert - Split Pea Soup (couldn't resist, because it was warm and was just finished) and fuji apple

My Split Pea Soup Recipe

1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 stalk celery, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lb package split peas
Water

Heat olive oil at medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery to saute. Add split peas and enough water to come 1.5 inches over the top of contents. Cover and reduce heat. Cook for 60 min. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment